Rental Terms and Conditions for the Group Gite (extract)
– The rental of the group gite allows the client to enjoy the use of all the internal and external equipment including the communal areas like the garage and garden with the renter’s permission.
– Water, electricity and central heating are included in the rental price. Bedding (bed sheets. bath towels and kitchen towels) are included in the rental.
– Formal acceptance of a booking will be on the confirmation of the receipt of the booking form, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rental cost and proof of the client’s insurance policy for cancellation cover, personal belongings and public liability, since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance. The balance of the rent (together with the security deposit)is payable a calendar month before the rental period. If the payment is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to re-let the property.
In the event of the client cancelling, the owner shall refund up to 70 % of the amount paid in the case where the owner is able to re-let the property for the same period.
– A security deposit is required on arrival in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the owner. Any damage caused by the client in excess of the security deposit will be settled with the owner by the client.
The owner will account to the client for the security deposit after the departure inventory and refund the balance either in full if there is no damage, or in part if there is damage.
– The rental period shall commences at 16.00 hours on the first day and finish at 10 a.m. on the last day. The maximum number of guests to reside in the property must not exceed 6 unless the owner has given written permission. Visits of occasional guests of the client are to be confirmed with the owner.
– The property on arrival will be clean and should be as clean on departure. In the case of the property being in a worse state of cleanliness on departure, a fee will be charged to the client.
In the case a rental of more than a week, cleaning can be provided by the owner at a fee charged to the client.
– Pets are allowed on and inside the property apart from the bedrooms. Any damage caused to the outside or inside of the property by the client’s pets will be charged to the client.
– Internal Rules apply for the Group Gite. The Internal Rules will be read to you on your arrival. Any disregard to the internal could lead to the eviction from the property of the client without any refund or compensation.
– The client should inform immediately the owner regarding any problem with the property, its furniture or its equipment. Any problem will be treated as soon as possible.
– The owner cannot be responsible for the following:
- Power cuts,
- Restriction in the use of water by local authorities,
- Any loss or damage caused to the client or its properties due to meteorological conditions,
- Any loss or damage to the client in the case of the property being destroyed or damaged prior to the arrival of the client. In this case, the owner commits to reimburse the whole of the rental fee 7 days after notification to the client of any such event,
- Any loss or damage or physical accident caused to the client, his/her cohabitants, his/her properties or its vehicles whilst on the property,
- In any case, the financial liability of the owner will not be above the rental fee.
We duly recommend to this effect that the client acquires an insurance policy covering the entirety of the risk involved in the rental and stay as they will not be covered by the owner’s insurance policy.